Wednesday 7 January 2009

Melancholies

Coincidentally, as I clicked "New Post" my now playing changed to Dark Tranquility - One Thought. And its only one thought I really have at the moment; at least, one frame of mind with many individual thoughts contributing. So the coincidence isn't really relevant.

*sigh*

I feel a little depressed. And its not the well documented January Blues, I've felt like this on and off for a few months now. Its just coming back again now. Its just the lack on money and no job in sight. I hardly see anybody due to having no money to go out, everyone else already being lucky enough to have jobs during the day or go to university in another city. I've always seen myself as a solitary creature and I've enjoyed it. Watching TV/movies at home with a couple of beers or surfing the net has been great. Reading is a joy when I do it and who doesn't like the odd lazy day of doing nothing whatsoever? But I was solitary knowing that if that got boring I had somewhere to go or something else to do. Without that option I feel a little empty.

Obviously University will fill a portion of this void. I'll have plenty of study to do, writing assignments and hopefully some lovely free student union related activities (maybe I can join the football team? a good opportunity to get fit.) I'll be hoping to snag a job in between all this stuff happening, but in these uncertain times shops etc will be less likely to hire and people will be less likely to quit/do anything to get them fired. I'd love a few quid to put on the lottery! I'd grab that pound coin shotgun and chance Dirty Harry's .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun of looming bankruptcy and try my luck! *Watch that little speech here ^_^*

What I should be saying right now, instead of feeling sorry for myself, is "Get on the case Bob! so your life is relatively shit at the moment, get on with it and HARDEN THE FUCK UP!", but seeing as I'm writing a blog about being depressed that wouldn't be in my best interests right now. I'll do that later.

Oh, my woes are further, um, enwoedened <.< by the fact that Part Time students don't get bursaries and cant open Student Banks accounts. Money problems would be sorted if I had the option of the Bank of Scotland's £3000 interest free overdraft <.<

No comments:

Post a Comment