Friday 19 December 2008

The end and the new beginning

To date this is my fourth attempt at starting a blog and this time (unfortunately like the last time) I am committed to posting every other day and keeping you all up to date. Hopefully I'll actually have a "you all" soon.


These past couple of weeks have been frustrating to the point that I was actually considering eliminating a cow. I can justify that reaction in a number of ways:

1a. Cows are contributing to Global Warming with their vile farting! The bastards. So its ok to eliminate one or 2 due to stress because you do so with the best of intentions. (ok, so their farting and the world lived in harmony before hman beings came along with their Industy, but I'm trying to justify things here >.> )

1b. I would easily process the eliminated cows and eat them. Thus not wasting their lives utterly.

2. COMPUTER PROBLEMS and the stress they cause always justify cold blooded murder. You all know its true but I understand if you wish to keep those thoughts under wraps. And it is computer problems that are my main cause of rage.

I got a virus a few weeks ago *sigh* and it was one of these ones that stops you from opening anti-virus/malware programs to contain the threat (unfortunately my computer was not very protected to begin with but it was good enough). So I formatted my C: and reinstalled Windows. A pirated version of Windows given to me a few years ago by a friends dad. The problem with that is that you cannot update Windows with all the helpful and essential stuff from Windows when you don't have a proper version! So I'm stuck in 2001 ^_^

Another problem was that I forgot that AOL (don't start -.- ) had updated its servers/network and they automatically upgraded my modem drivers etc - so reinstalling Windows meant I lost those new drivers! Oh joy... So I phoned them and asked for a new drivers CD. They said 3/4 days when in reality that meant 8 days.

I got the computer working at a minimal level - we had everything we needed to get by (Internet, word, a media player) and it was fine until yesterday! I got "Blue screened" every time I logged onto my desktop. So I reinstalled Windows AGAIN! but the Internet wouldn't work so I did it AGAAAIN! And during the installation I had the Cow killing idea.


SO! Everything seems to be well now. Maybe the Gaia and her Terra Faeries will see to it in conjunction with Santa Claus and Saddam Husseins spirit that my computer stays in a good mood over Christmas and Hogmanay. I'd be very happy if it did.


I reckon thats enough for the first post. On Saturday I'm going to a party so on Sunday you'll be told of the magical (and rubbish) nights out I've had in 2008, so get ready for a long post and hopefully I can remember plenty of wee stories and going on.

Rob

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I'm interested in what went on Saturday night, you cheeky bastard. ;)

    ReplyDelete